Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Back Yard Fly Fishing

I received my new Redington Crosswater fly rod outfit in the mail yesterday. This is a 9Ft, 5wt, 4Pc, medium action kit that comes complete with the rod, reel line, and a hard case for carrying it with. Redington recommends this rod as a good starter set for inexperienced fly fisherman like myself. I have been hearing great things about Redington equipment, so I ordered this directly from them because I do not have a near by shop that sells these.

I took it out of the box as soon as it arrived, and put it together. This rod was so surprisingly balanced and light in my hand that I couldn't resist stringing it up and trying it out. I spent the better part of 20 minutes in my back yard at 9:00 last night getting a feel for it by casting it over the neighbors wall. I bet they weren't too thrilled with me whipping their poodle from two yards over, but it was fun. This has a very different feel then my current fly rod. I can't wait to get out this weekend and try it on some water and chase some fish with it!

7 comments:

  1. Very nice combo. Is there a sling or carry strap?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks reverend. There is a strap for a kind of carrying handle or anchor to attach it to a pack, but not much more.

      Delete
  2. Rick
    You are going to like this combo. I own three Redingtons and like their performance. They are nice fly rods. Looking forward to a report with this combo. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill. I am looking forward to lots of hands on functionality research with this set up.

      Delete
  3. I am really impressed by the work you did in this article. It’s great enough to pull my attention and in reading this article for once to understand that your pen is really mightier than the sword.

    carp fishing accessories,Fly Fishing equipment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks William. I am really glad you liked it.

      Delete
  4. This look like a good complete pacakge for fishers. Now you can have a great fun during fishing activitites.
    Fishing in Dubai

    ReplyDelete