Monday, July 30, 2012

WOW! It has been a month to the day since I last posted on here. 

My nephew Aiden with a catfish I caught.

Things have been super busy for me lately. I have never been this swamped at work, and my wife's business is finally picking up again after about a two year slump. On top of that we have had a couple of surprise out of town visitors come and stay with us. The first is a friend of the family that just got out of the army after serving two terms in Iraq. and the other is our exchange student from Germany from two years ago. These are some pretty awesome problems to have, but they do (in a good way) cut into fishing and hunting time. 

I have a few things in the works for the next couple of months, and I hope to have a blog post every week in August, so stay tuned for my first experience buying a really old shotgun, a couple of gear reviews, and I will tell you all about the rigors and challenges of mid summer urban fishing in Tucson that will include a really cool story about taking my nephew fishing that is sure to bring a smile to your face.  

5 comments:

  1. Good stuff man and that catfish looks like he put up a great fight. Nothing wrong with a kid that fishes. Looking forward to more urban fishing posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I have always enjoyed taking kids fishing with me. It kind of helps me remember why i love fishing so much myself. And that cat put up a great fight and got Aiden all excited about catching more fish.

      Delete
  2. (Polywad) Vintager is the place for old gun ammo. Overcoming the challenges of operating old guns (considered obsolete after ammunition rulings) is a underreported subject that I am not involved in but find very interesting.

    That fish is huge, I don’t know if our Barbie Doll poles could handle one that size.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the advice on the ammunition. I may also try the Spread-R shell out for quail and dove this year. I will report back on how they work.

    That was a pretty nice catch for that lake, and don't knock the Barbie poles. they are sturdier then they look. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh great. Its an awesome Blog on Fishing and Hunting. I love fishing and specially Carp fishing. It is very joyous and comfortable hobby for us. We may use our leisure period in Carp fishing. I have been doing it since my childhood. However thanks again for such a nice post in this organiged blog.

    ReplyDelete